One day shower remodeling cost can be different ever so slightly, with most being between $3,500 – $5,000. Some companies will charge near the lower end of that scale while others will charge nearer to the upper end.
The price is usually more expensive for made-to-order shower stalls that require unique supplies and designs.
Read also: How to Remodel a Bathroom Like a Hotel
Generally, a one-day shower remodeling cost includes these services from the contractor:
• Removal of old tiles and installation of new tiles on walls or floor
• Installation of base for new shower stalls
• Installation of wall panels and glass doors for a shower stall(s)
It may not include these services:
• Replacement of existing shower faucets or plumbing fixtures
• Installation of built-in soap holder, shampoo dispenser, and/or other accessories
• Installation of recessed lighting around the shower stall
These extra services may increase the final cost to you.
Other factors that can affect your one-day shower remodeling cost include:
• Location of your home: A one-day shower remodeling cost may vary by location. For instance, if you live in a city like New York, this service will be more expensive than it is for someone who lives in a town like Nebraska.
• Size and shape of the shower stall: The more complicated the design and dimensions, the more it will cost you.
• Materials for shower stall: Again, the more intricate these features are, the higher your one-day shower remodeling cost can be.
• Customized designs or materials to create unique shower stalls: If you want something different than what is typically offered, this service could increase your renovation cost.
Also, if you want to save money and reduce your one-day shower remodeling cost, you must do the following:
• Plan everything ahead of time. This helps your contractor arrive on time and finish the job in just one day.
• Know how much you can spend before hiring a professional for this service. Contractors usually need 50 percent of the estimated cost before they begin working.
• Check reviews online (like on this site) for contractors’ price ranges and customer satisfaction ratings. This helps you to get a better idea of their service quality.
• Before starting your project, make sure that contractors are licensed and insured in your state.
One-day tub to shower conversion cost
One-day tub to shower conversion cost can be different ever so slightly, with most being around $2,000. Some companies will charge near the lower end of that scale while others will charge nearer to the upper end.
The price is usually more expensive for made-to-order tubs that require unique supplies and designs.
What is the cheapest way to redo a shower?
What is the cheapest way to redo a shower? Not everyone has the money to go out and hire a contractor. Here are some tips on how you can do it yourself without spending a lot of cash.
Replace Old Hardware
If you have leaky faucets or want to update your shower fixtures, then replacing the hardware is a good way to start. Start by turning off the water lines and then remove the old faucet. Clean out the area under where the old faucet was located.
Remove Old Tile
If your shower is very small, you can get away with just replacing certain areas of tile, but if not you should remove all the old tile. You can rent tools from a hardware store to help you with this. A tile saw can be useful if you want to remove all the old tile and not just cut pieces out of it.
Install New Tile
Apply a thin layer of mortar on the shower surface and then place your tiles into the wet area. Make sure that tiles are pressed firmly into place, and then apply another thin layer of mortar.
Install New Fixtures
Once the tile is fully dried, you can install new fixtures onto your tiles. Turn on the water and test all of your fixtures to make sure they don’t leak. If there are any leaks, then turn off the water lines and fix them before turning back on.
Add Trim Work
To finish off your shower remodel, you should install any trim work that you want. You can buy different styles of trim from a hardware store or online. People who are good with their hands could even attempt to make their own molding out of wood strips and stain it.